|This article needs expansion. Please help Alice Grove Wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, and improving existing text.|
Alice Grove is a webcomic by Jeph Jacques. It began when Jeph had received enough funds via his Patreon page to justify his starting a second comic to run alongside his existing (and long-running) webcomic Questionable Content.
|NB: Some links on this page are to pages at patreon.com that will not be accessible unless you are a patron of Jeph's page.
We regret any inconvenience. If we want to link to supporting resources (like any good wiki should), it is unavoidable. If you are desperate to follow these links and peruse the Patreon-only material, please consider donating to Jeph's Patreon page. Even a pledge of $1 a month will allow you to view most material, and every dollar pledged is greatly appreciated by Jeph. Not to mention the increased likelihood of more comics!
This wiki is not affiliated with Jeph Jacques, Alice Grove or Questionable Content. Neither this wiki nor anyone involved with it profits in any way from increased financial support of Jeph.
- June 2, 2014
- When Jeph established his Patreon page, the reward for reaching the milestone of $3000 a month was listed as "a whole new comic". The description elaborated, stating that he had had the idea for a number of years and that if the milestone were reached he would develop this idea and launch a new comic in "the fall of 2014" to run alongside Questionable Content. He released an introductory message  on June 2nd expressing his excitement, with more than $200 pledged between launching the page and posting said message.
- June 5, 2014
- By the time Jeph posted a thank-you message  on June 5th the total pledged per month had exceeded $4800, meeting the $3000 milestone and allowing Jeph to proceed with the launch of the comic.
- June 11, 2014
- Jeph posts the first update  on the new comic, titled as "Progress Report #1". Originally, this post listed the title of the comic as "Alice in Sunderland", however this was removed when observant patrons informed Jeph of the existence of a graphic novel of the same name by comics writer and artist Bryan Talbot. This also included the first glimpse of the main character, realized as a rough uncolored sketch showing her in her overalls and holding a spanner, and first identified her as "Alice". Sunderland is a small community about 10 miles north of Northhampton, the setting of Questionable Content.
- July 24, 2014
- Jeph releases "sneak peek thumbnails"  of his hand-drawn sketches of the first few comic strips. He also announces his plan to start drawing, and launch the comic some time in September/October.
- August 27, 2014
- Jeph releases a post (via Patreon ) that describes the creative process for the new comic, and how it differs from the process for Questionable Content. The total amount pledged at the time was $9261.
Alice Grove launches on September 25th, 2014. There is much excitement.
- Chapter 1
- Main Article: Chapter 1
Chapter 1 of Alice Grove ran from September 25th, 2014 to January 29th, 2015. As the first chapter, it was responsible for introducing many of the main characters and their situations. It is also worth noting that the use of "chapters" in the comic was unknown until Chapter 1 concluded with Comic 35, and Jeph announced a one-week break while he determined the future direction of the comic.
- Chapter 2
- Main Article: Chapter 2
Chapter 2 of Alice Grove ran from February 9th, 2015 to June 11th, 2015. It serves to introduce many aspects of "Alice's world" such as flora and fauna, the Night Walker and the people of the town. The chapter ends with a double-length comic (Comic 75) which explains some of the critical parts of the back-story.
- Chapter 3
- Main Article: Chapter 3
Chapter 3 began on July 1st, 2015 and ran until the 29th of October, 2015. In chapter 3 the purpose of Ardent and Gavia's visit to Earth was revealed, and aspects of Alice's history was developed.
- Chapter 4
- Main Article: Chapter 4
Chapter 4 began on November 10th, 2015 and ran until the 22nd of April, 2016.
- Chapter 5
- Main Article: Chapter 5
Chapter 5 began on May 10th, 2016 and ran until the 4th of November, 2016.
- Chapter 6
- Main Article: Chapter 6
Chapter 6 began on November 19th, 2016 and ran until the 11th of June, 2017.
Facts & Information
Alice Grove is distributed as an 8-bit PNG (Portable Network Graphic) file, that is 800 pixels wide by 1120 pixels tall.